Sunday, August 7, 2011

A great time!, led to a bad thing

I’m back in London after a few weeks in Sweden. I have been climbing every time I have been close to a wall, and I must say it has felt great. I feel stronger and the climbing feels smoother.

I also spent some days in Alingsås to visit Carlos and climb at Korpaberget. I tried to do Kjesarens nya Kläder, which is a short 7c+/8a. The weather was great for being on the beach but not for climbing hard routes…

Already on my first try I noticed that I got stronger, from not being able to basically do any moves last year I could do them all. Unfortunately I was never able to send it but I got really close, many times. Now I have a good excuse to go back.

After that it was a training camp in Gothenburg, with the Swedish team and its training group. We all had a great week, climbing on both real rock and at the climbing gyms. It was also a great chance to try a lot of onsight climbing before the competitions in Imst. Did a lot of nice routes, nothing really hard but many of them were 3 star routes, with the hardest being 7c at Granitgrottan.

Me finding a no-hands on a route at the amazing cliff, Träleberget

Sadly in the end of the week I hurt my shoulder while doing a weird movement. I pulled but my right shoulder was locked in its position and gave out extreme pain. No climbing since that, hopefully I can go to Imst this Friday.

The chiropractor told me that my shoulder and spine were looked in a bad position and blocked the muscles. I was really weak in right arm compered to my left arm, which is fine. Going back on Tuesday, hope its better then.

3 comments:

  1. Oscar,

    Tänk positivt och ställ inga krav, särskilt inte nu om du har lite ont, utan njut av livet och ha kul med klätterkompisar så går det bra i Imst. Tänk även på att det är en ny tävling om ytterligare några veckor!!

    Good Luck!

    /D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Oscar, du verkar hunnit med en heldel i sommar. Trist med axeln, hoppas du får ordning på den snarast. /Micke
    Ps grym bild...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oscar, I'm very sorry about your shoulder. Hopefully it won´t be a severe injury.

    Cool you had a nice time during the training camp.

    I´m starting to worry about that ability of yours of finding no-hands rests. I mean, do we have a competition issue among us now? Can you beat my 10+ no-hands in Priapos? :-D

    ReplyDelete