Saturday, November 19, 2011

Swedish Junior Championship Bouldering

Last weekend I travelled to Sweden to compete in The Swedish Bouldering Championship, to try to defend my two titles from the years before. The competition was held in a small city in the south part of Sweden called Västervik.

The qualification on Saturday evening went quite well and I was able to do 7 problems out of 8. The problems were of high quality and of different styles. I got second there and was ready for the final the next day.

In the final on Sunday morning after the being in the very small isolation for a long time, as the competition was more than 1,5 hour late, it was time to battle the first problem. I actually struggle with the first part of the problems, found it hard to get my long body in the right position, but was able to do it on my fourth try. The people that were top 3 from the qualification all struggled with this one, weirdly. The two problems after that were extremely easy and every one flashed them, so it wasn’t possible to take back the last point from the first problem!

Time for the last and very hard problem, I would get some good attempts on it but I wasn’t be able to top it. At least I got second highest on it!

Because of my poor result on the first problem in the final I ended up on fourth place in the competition, which was a bit of a disappointment. But there will be more competitions soon.

Congratulations to the all the winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment