Sunday, November 18, 2012

Third in Swedish Championship Bouldering


Last weekend, I took part in the Swedish Championship in bouldering in Gothenburg. It was my first competition after my heart problem and I was really excited to compete again but at the same time a bit nervous.


In the qualification I come fourth, which mean I made it through to the final. The climbing felt pretty good and I knew what I had to improve for the final. I was really tired after the climbing and even I fell asleep during the day while we were watching a movie…

On the final day I was super excited to climb and felt very motivated to try my best. The final consisted of 3 boulders, and in the end it was super close between the top-4 climbers. It was barely anything that separated us but in the end Jonathan won, as he was able to grab the last hold on a boulder that the rest of us only touched. I ended up third (with the same score in the final as the silver medallist), which was a result I was really pleased with and probably one of the most satisfying medals ever. I had no idea what level I was at after everything I have had to go through this year and didn’t feel very strong beforehand but I was able to pull everything out when I needed it. It was close that a tear started falling down my cheek... 

It was exactly what I needed to motivate myself to continue training again!! 

1 comment:

  1. Bra jobbat - skönt att du är på väg tillbaka!

    ReplyDelete