Monday, April 15, 2013

Swedish Youth Championship


This weekend I competed in the Swedish Junior Championships in lead climbing. On Saturday I arrived at the arena feeling excited to meet my friends again and to do my best in the competition.


The qualification went well; I topped both routes, and I shared first place with Hannes Puman (who achieve an amazing 2nd place at the Youth World Championship last year). In the final I kept my nerves well together; I climbed well and efficiently up to a couple of moves below the top. Then a miscalculation caused me to fall off. Hannes won gold and I got the silver medal; a result I am extremely pleased with!

A big thanks to all those who made this competition possible!

Sunday involved a short and sunny visit to örnberget, my old home-crag in stockholm, with my friend Olle (who got the bronze), before it was time to head back home to london.

2 comments:

  1. Grattis Oscar och kul att du kom till Eskilstuna.

    ReplyDelete