Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mont Blanc


 I have dreamt of climbing Mont Blanc for years and last summer some friends and I decided that we would give it an attempt. I thought of it every day for almost an entire year so of course it was terribly disappointing when the doctors said that I couldn’t go, as my heart wouldn’t be well enough yet.

The hair you get after a day wearing a helmet- Chamonix 2010
 The rest of the team still went to Chamonix as planned and early on Thursday morning they were on their way towards the summit. The same morning we woke up to the bad news that an avalanche had killed 9 climbers on their way to the summit. After about an hour of worry we got to know our friends were safe and had decided to call off their attempt because of the avalanche and bad weather. 

Now all our thoughts also go the ones that lost friends or family members in the mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment