Wednesday, August 29, 2012

High Rocks

Last weekend I went to the closest outdoor climbing from London, High Rocks, to do some bouldering. It might only be about 60kilometres there but driving through the city of London takes time (2.5 hours there and 3 hours back)!!
Resurrection 7C
It was the first time I climbed on sandstone, which was really cool. Many climbs are VERY high (12m+) and as bolting is not allowed people climb with top ropes or of course solo... The park is privately own and it costs £10 to climb there.
Cool wall climbing
I had a really fun day doing a few 7a/+'s and my second 7C! The climb that stood out most was a 7 metres slightly overhanging 6B+ with the crux in the end. Let just say I was scared and that the crash pads looks very small from that height :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment