Thursday, February 12, 2015

Setback!

After my finger made that sound just over three weeks ago I have given it a lot of rest. But since some normal movements (like putting on a shirt) still felt a bit awkward I decided to see a doctor.

I knew something was possibly a bit wrong with it but I was surprised when the doctor told me I had a decent sized fracture on my A4 pulley (ring-finger on the left hand). Even the doctor thought it was strange I had not experienced any more pain or swelling.

My new nice case to support the pulley and hinder movement
This means no climbing, or any other form of pressure on the finger, for at least another six weeks. It was not what I wanted to hear, especially as I have been feeling really strong since just after Christmas. Oh well it could have been worse and there is no point in trying to haste the recovery!

1 comment: