Sunday, February 12, 2012

Regional Championship X-country running

Last Friday I actually competed in something else than climbing, I took place in the regional Championship in cross-country running. It was cold day but a clear blue sky made it a bit more comfortable.

It was first when I arrived at the place I realised how they split up the different categories, instead on looking at which year your are born in they looked how old you are on the actual day. As I turned 16 a month ago I had to compete in Over 16 category, with most of them being 18 years old. It was one of the first times I had to feel small when I stood on a starting line as most of them were in my size or even bigger and most of them had a full on beard… It was a nice and useful experience me J

The race, which was 5.1km, went well and I finished 13th out of 37. I was really pleased with the result and especially my time as I ran in under 20 min.

Me running in the dark during fall 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment