Tuesday, February 28, 2012

SIBL ending with pain

This Sunday it was once again a SIBL boulder competition. After only doing endurance training the last weeks it was a great opportunity for me to get some bouldering done before Denmark in two weeks.

Overall, it felt good and many harder problems felt quite easy actually. However, I made some annoying sloppy mistakes, which meant I lost the first place to Buster again; I’m still pleased with my second place!

The good news were that I felt strong and that defiantly showed when I did routes afterwards. All the long boulder circuits has given results J

Sadly during the competition I made this very weird movement that hurt my shoulder, in the same way I injured it last summer, it didn’t feel too bad so I continued climbing. After the competition half way up route the pain came back but much worse and afterwards it was painful to the shoulder. I was a bit scared I injured it again and wouldn’t be able to go to Denmark, so Monday I went to a chiropractor. The news were quite positive it was just some bones in my back that were in the wrong position causing me to pull harder on the shoulder muscles. With now everything on place the pain has almost disappeared and it should be fine to climb easily in the next coming days.


No comments:

Post a Comment